Unlock the value of your home and enjoy the retirement you’ve always dreamed of
What is equity release?
Equity release, a type of secured loan, allows you to access the value held up in your home and turn it into money you can spend as you wish. How much equity you can release depends on your age, how much your property is worth and how much you choose to borrow.
People over 55 often have little or no outstanding mortgage and lots of value tied up in their home. Many others have an interest only mortgage and no way of repaying it. Equity release could help in either of these situations.
- Release cash from your home without moving out;
- Receive your cash as a lump sum, as an income or both;
- Use the money to spend as you wish;
- No need to make monthly repayments (but some providers give you the option);
- Plans are regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA);
- We only advise on plans from providers who are members of the Equity Release Council.
What can I use equity release for?
Home or garden improvements
Paying off existing debts
Helping your children or grandchildren with a deposit for a home
Holidays of holiday homes
Increasing retirement income
Buying a new car
Inheritance tax planning
The list is endless, and the choice is yours!
Think carefully before securing other debts against your home. Your home or property may be repossessed if you do not keep up repayments on your mortgage.
*Some forms of Buy to Let Mortgages are not regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority